Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Heavy Metal White Whale

As a DirecTV customer, I get all of those wonderful music stations. It used to be XM Radio stations, but now it has changed to Sonic Tap. Whatever. The heavy metal station is called SPIKE. It is very similar to LiquidMetal.

I keep hearing this song by a band named LD/50 called "Ascension". It is exactly the kind of metal I am into right now. It is supposedly from their self-titled album. However, I cannot find out anything about this band on the internet. No albums listed on Amazon, and the only Myspace Music page for a band called LD50 is for some Latin Electronica band. When I search for LD/50 on Wikipedia, it assumes I am looking for information on the band Mudvayne, who had an album with that title, back when they were dressing up in costumes/makeup ala Slipknot/Mushroomhead/ICP.

So I feel like I am looking for a needle in a haystack. We take for granted that we hear a song on the radio, or the television, and we say "Hey, I can just look them up on the web!" I am not sure why I can't find any info on LD/50, but I hope I find it soon, because I want that album!

No comments:

Post a Comment