Thursday, June 24, 2010

Random Thoughts for June 24th, 2010

1) Last night's drive home from work included me re-introducing myself to the highly underrated Nine Inch Nails album "The Fragile". This double-CD album, though not nearly as popular as "The Downward Spiral" includes some of Trent Reznor's most introspective material up to that point. My drive also included the usual dodging of deer and other creatures of the night. To my surprise, this included three Holstein cows on River Road in Amherst County. I know the cows belong to the guy who lives right off the road. How his cows actually got on the road is beyond me, because I thought he had them fenced in. But hey, I can now add "cows" to the list of critters I have avoided smashing with my car during my trips home.

2) I really hate those "accordion-style" Post-It Notes. You know the ones where each individual note sticks in the opposite direction from the previous one. I reach for one note, not realizing it is the accordion type, and thus being attacked by a stream of Post-It notes. Aren't most people's jobs stressful enough without having to worry which way they need to turn their Post-It notes to retrieve one?

3) If you are balding and have a ponytail, you are pretty much guaranteeing you will never get laid again. I see these guys who grow out what little hair they have an pull it into this pathetic ponytail. Some of them grow their bangs out really long so they can slick them back, but you can see their bald skull sticking out through it all. The most pathetic guys are the ones who only have hair on the sides and back of their head and grow that out. I had a barber who did that--in the early 80's, and I think it was considered sad back then too! I have yet to see one of these guys walking down the street hand in hand with a woman that wasn't his mother. When Jack Owen, former guitarist for Cannibal Corpse, realized he was balding, he shaved his head. So give up the dream, and get a haircut. Then, cancel your World of Warcraft subscription, move out of your parents' basement, and get a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment