Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quick thoughts for the day.

1) This morning my wife got upset at me for having put hot dog chili in a little Tupperware container, which left an orange-ish ring around the inside of it. I keep forgetting that many people, including my wife, treat their Tupperware like they are sacred cows. I apologized and then said to myself "If that is the biggest argument she and I have in our marriage, we are doing pretty damn good!"

2) I may have to concede defeat to my friend Keith, who told me not to get my hopes up when the Nationals were 20-15. He told me that he still expects that the Nats will only win 70 games or so this year. I thought he was crazy at the time. I mean, Keith is a guy who saw a pirate bear picture at the Virginia Beach Wyndham Hotel, and created a backstory for said bear, indicating that the bear is actually some drug-abusing, chronically suicidal emo kid who dresses up in a pirate bear costume and walks around Virginia Beach in 100 degree weather. So it was hard for me to take him seriously. But in the 13 games since their 20-15 start, the Nats are 4-9, their bats have gone silent, and the pitching has started to return to its 2009 form. The only hope I have now is that Stephen Strasburg brings a spark to the team when he is called up from AAA.

3) I have come to the conclusion that if you are a fairly attractive female high school teacher who hates her job, the easiest way to lose that job is to have sex with one of your male students. A few days ago, another story came out about a female teacher in Western New York State who performed oral sex on a 17-year old male student, and encouraged two 16-year old boys to have sex with her via texting. The reason why female teachers get caught so quickly when they have sex with an underage male student boils down to the nature of boys. What do you think the first thing a boy is going to do after having sex with a hot teacher??? He is going to brag about it to all his friends! That information will spread like wildfire at that point, and before you know it, it's two days later, and Miss Haskins is in jail and out of a job.

-Skippy

No comments:

Post a Comment